Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Cookies

We've really been getting into the Christmas Spirit and started making Christmas Cookies yesterday. I put the first batch in and they smelled GREAT! Not even after a minute when I updated my Facebook status about what a great night I was having making cookies, etc the following happened:

I pull them half way out of the oven to determine if they should be left in a little longer. I'm impressed at how plump and golden they are and in my mind I'm doing the "I am the greatest" dance so proud of my creation and then in a matter of a split second I SOMEHOW drop them, IN the oven so just the tops fall off. In a panic I try to come up with the most reasonable method of cleaning them off the oven before they burn. So stupid me grabs PAPER TOWELS and as I'm trying to pick them up without burning myself, they touch the hottest part of the oven and the paper towel STARTS ON FIRE!! ughhhhhhh!! Just then Rylee comes into the kitchen and starts laughing hysterically at me. Finally I come to my senses and dump water on the burning paper towel and end the disaster. This is why I only do this once a year!